Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Backwoods Bash 2013


This past Memorial Day Weekend I spent all of my time at the always awesome, always independent, and always a blast, Backwoods Bash Music and Camping Festival. It's three days of camping by a beautiful lake, hanging out with some beautiful people, and listening to a beautiful collection of indie bands from around the region. My personal fav band this year was GROOVEMENT out of Fayetteville, Arkansas. But there were a lot of good musical acts to choose from. A little something for everyone.




This year the festival is supporting the non-profit organization SIAME which I'm a member of. The organization had a nice tent set up for fun activities for the kids like painting, a drum circle, and feather art. 


Whole Foods donated tents for SIAME plus free organic bananas and apples with coffee for campers. I worked the tent with some wonderful volunteers and it was one of the best experiences I've had at the festival, which is saying something since I've been participating in Backwoods Bash since the very first year.

The festival itself has come along way in six years. In 2008 we had maybe 300 people, but now that number has grown into the thousands with more discovering this great festival every year. I'm so proud to be a part of it and can't wait to see what wonderful things are in store for Backwoods Bash and for SIAME in the near future.

Good people. Good music. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment